Horizon Makers is committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This Policy applies to personal information Horizon Makers collects from you via:
- our websites, social media, telephone, email, fax, in person, or in writing; and
- provided by third parties in some instances.
Where you provide us with your personal information it will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
Horizon Makers collects personal information, which may include sensitive information.
- ‘Personal information’ means information or opinion about an individual that makes that individual identifiable.
- ‘Sensitive information’ includes information about a person’s health, ethnic origin, political opinion or membership, religion, union membership, sexual preference and criminal record. We will only collect sensitive information where it is relevant to Horizon Makers’ business and we have received your consent to collect, use, disclose and store this personal information by us in accordance with this Policy.
Any personal information we collect is so we can meet our responsibilities as a provider of commercial building and construction project management and consulting services, and to tailor our services to meet the needs of our clients. Examples of personal information we collect include:
- names, addresses, email address, telephone numbers
- financial details such as a credit card or banking details, transaction history, client preferences, supplier preferences, contractor details
- qualifications and other information required to comply with regulations related to managing and operating on construction sites.
This information may be used to maintain client, contractor and supplier databases and client, contractor and supplier account status, maintain information as it relates to construction projects as required by statutory authorities, holding your information for potential employment purposes.
If you choose not to disclose your personal information for the purposes of doing business with Horizon Makers, or request removal of your personal information from Horizon Makers databases, then we may not be able to conduct business with you or inform you about business opportunities that may arise through tendering or contracts made with Horizon Makers.
How We Collection Information
Horizon Makers will not intentionally collect personally identifiable information to its websites. Like most web sites, Horizon Makers’ web sites creates log files that show the IP address of the visitor, date, time, and pages visited.
This information is aggregated to generate statistics about user access to our web site. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s logs. Cookies will not be used for general tracking purposes but may be used where functionality requires it.
How we collect personal information from you will depend on how you use our services.
Generally, we will collect this information directly from you, and with your knowledge, as part of our normal communication processes directly related to our business, including when you:
- send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email)
- deal with us over the telephone
- Enter into an agreement or contract with us
- hand us your business card
- sign an attendance sheet or induction record or other site based record
- have any contact with us in person or other mode of communication
We may also collect information from a third party if you have authorised them to provide the information; or from a client or third party where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it from you; or where your information has been collected by a third party in accordance with the APPs including notification to you that your information may be disclosed to organisations like Horizon Makers.
Unsolicited Personal Information
Where we receive unsolicited personal information about or relating to you and we determine that such information could have been collected in the same manner if we had solicited the information, then we will treat it in the same way as solicited personal information and in accordance with the APPs and will notify you that we hold this information as soon as is practicable.
If we determine that such information could not have been collected in the same manner as solicited personal information, and that information is not contained in a Commonwealth record, we will, if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or de-identify the information.
Using a Pseudonym
You can choose to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable. Your decision to interact anonymously or by using a pseudonym may affect the level of interaction and service we can offer you. For example, we may not be able to investigate a privacy complaint where you use a pseudonym or choose to remain anonymous. We will inform you if this is the case and let you know the options available to you.
Where you provide information to Horizon Makers in relation to an employment application the personal information you provide will only be collected, held, used and disclosed for the purposes of considering your potential employment with the Company.
Where you provide the details of referees, you must confirm that you have informed the referees that you are providing their contact information to Horizon Makers and they have consented to us contacting them and discussing the information you have provided in relation to the job application.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use and disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry, contractual dealing or otherwise providing you with services,
- to contact clients, business contacts and individuals associated with providing services or business dealings with Horizon Makers
- to market our services
- to assess job applicants
Sending personal information overseas
We do not send personal information overseas except where required for the purposes of providing services to a client.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. Transmissions sent to or from Horizon Makers are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration, and the data servers upon which the information is stored are password protected and login secured.
When Horizon Makers no longer requires your personal information for a specific purpose and we are not required to keep it to comply with any laws, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy your personal information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
Use of Government Identifiers
Horizon Makers does not adopt government related identifiers. We do not use or disclose government related identifiers of individuals except where required to meet Australian law or State/Territory regulation.
Access to and Correction of personal information
You may request access to personal information we hold about you and you may request corrections be made to that information.
If you are listed on one or more of our email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
We will generally provide you with access to any personal information we hold about you on request. You will need to provide proof of identity to us so we can process your request. In limited circumstances, however, access may be refused if required or permitted by law. If we do not provide you with access, we will explain the reasons for our refusal in writing.
We do not charge for applications to access your personal information but may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of giving access, such as photocopying costs. We will advise you if such a charge applies before your request is dealt with.
How you may complain about a breach Privacy
To make a complaint about an alleged breach of the APPs please write to or email the Privacy Officer. All complaints must be in writing. Please provide all details about your complaint as well as any supporting documentation to the Privacy Officer.
Horizon Makers treats all complaints seriously and will deal with privacy complaints promptly and confidentially.
- All complaints will be investigated by the Privacy Officer; and the outcome of an investigation will be provided to the complainant where the complainant has provided proof of identity.
- Horizon Makers will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing within 5 days of receipt.
- The Privacy Officer will contact the complainant to confirm investigation and seek further information if required
- Horizon Makers’ Privacy Officer will contact the Complainant, via post, fax or email, notifying the Complainant of proposed methods of resolution within 30 days of all required information being received. The Complainant will be notified if additional time is needed to respond due to the complexity of the inquiry.
- The Complainant and the Privacy Officer may work together to collaboratively resolve the complaint to the Complainant’s satisfaction.
- Where resolution cannot be achieved, the Privacy officer will advise the Complainant that they may direct their complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner or obtain independent advice as to their rights.
Variations to the Policy
This Policy may be varied from time to time and an updated version will be posted on the Horizon Makers websites. Please check our websites regularly to ensure that you have the most recent version of the Policy.
If you wish to access your personal information held by us, request a correction be made to your personal information or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact:
Privacy Officer, Horizon Makers Pty Ltd, PO 3726 Manuka ACT 2603.